Sunday, April 22, 2007

Glow stick

DSC_1044
One final project before my skills become those of changing diapers and swaddling. Here you can see our cable outlet is in the upper part of our niche. This would be great if our TV were up there but it's not so instead we have an ugly cable going up to it. So what should have been quick job turned out to be a few hours.

DSC_1065
Here I cut out a new opening for the cable outlet. Unfortunately there was a 2x4 blocking the path. Since I wasn't sure if there was another one above it, I decided to cut a peek hole in the bottom of the niche shelf. That had another stud so I couldn't see anything. My neighbor loaned me this really cool glow stick that is a really flexible fiberglass rod that you use to snake wires through walls. You can see it sticking out of the wall. This thing was really cool.

DSC_1064
Since I couldn't snake the cable through the stud (it even had a hole drilled through it), I had to cut open another hole so I could feed it through.

DSC_1067
Here you can see the repaired hole before texture and paint and the new outlet on the bottom. Granted this wasn't really needed but I need to get in as many projects as I can before I learn those new skills.

No comments: